Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween Weekend was pretty crazy around here.  Saturday, Zach spent the morning at a scout activity. They went to a Firestation... ate donuts, and watched the firemen leave for a call.  The tour was cut short, but that's part of the excitement of going to a fire station, I guess.  

We were supposed to go to the Fall Festival at the school.  But I had to make the tough call to NOT go.  My "fall allergies" have been hitting me full force and I've been having a hard time with asthma problems- so being outside - knowing I'd be outside for more festivities, is not a good idea right now.  I heard the Fall Festival was a hit though! 

That night, we had 2 Halloween Parties for church to go to... 1 for our ward, and another for Lisa's.  We loved it. The kids got dressed up.  They had a parade and people brought candy and the kids "Trick - or - Treated" during the Parade.  Dinner was served. A family set up a Haunted House (they normally do it in their garage every year).  We had a great time.  

Lisa had signed up to participate in a "trunk or treat".  Keera had asked us to come to "show us off" (tee hee) My kids were glued to her all night - Elliot eventually stuck with David - and I helped Lisa (and Deb who came too) pass out candy to the kids who came through the trunk or treat... some passed through a hundred times it seems.

We had a lot of fun!  The boys (and David and I - tee hee) came home with so much candy! Yummy! Now I have the daily battle to not eat it all day long (not winning) and getting Elliot to eat his meals without whining for candy (really not winning)


SO We were very excited that Elliot ACTUALLY dressed up in a costume this year.  Last year, we had a Buzz Lightyear costume he wore for 30 seconds before he threw a fit and pulled it off.  This year, he was SO excited to wear his Spiderman Costume.  Its amazing how much changes in a year!
Elliot as Spiderman - Zach as Darth Vader and Cannon as  young Anakin Skywalker

Spiderman spinning a web

The Young Anakin Skywalker - before

Darth Vader - Anakin Skywalker - after.

No comments: