Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wolfing it Down

      Zach has been working really hard this past year on his studies, as my last post shows, but also in Cub Scouts.  {{As a mom... I really don't understand the scouting program, having never gone through it myself.  Its a bit crazy}}.  

     Tonight was the first pack meeting since Zach turned 9, and became a "Bear" instead of a "Wolf" (The Pack Meeting of all the age levels in cub scouts and their families. It happens once a month. Big Hooplah!  This is when the boys get their awards)

       Zach finished all of the requirements to earn the award for the Wolf Badge and was awarded it tonight.  Whenever a big accomplishment is made... it is only fitting that the scout leaders make a big deal about it.  Soooo...

The Cubmaster, James Slavinsky,  got a pie plate, and put his badge and other goodies that go in it, in a plastic bag, into the pie plate... and put  a BIG PILE of whipped cream on top of it and told him he had to "WOLF IT DOWN"  The pictures tell the story from here...  It was fun... and Zach was a GREAT sport!

Brother Slavinsky awarding Zach with his Wolf badge.

Dad "helping" Zach not use his hands

 All the boys were chanting, "EAT IT! EAT IT!"

Coming up for air.

Smile!! 
 Now I get to sew on more badges... Not my favorite thing in the world!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So cute! Love the wolfing thing. :)

Keith, Johanna, et al. said...

It brings back beautiful memories for me. I went through this with all of the boys. It teaches them to do things which they sometimes don't like to do. It is a valuable lesson in life. I love him and congratulate him. I didn't think the cream tasted so bad.
Love,
Great Oma

Katie and Howard said...

That is hilarious!