Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gilbert Temple Groundbreaking

Last Weekend, November 13, we went to the groundbreaking ceremony of the new Gilbert Temple that is being built near our home.  Its very exciting.  It was announced 1 1/2 ago, and I was really surprised to see just how close it is to where we live.  We will be able to see the spires from our house.  

Here is a link to information about the Gilbert Temple.

I was grateful that the church waited until November for the groundbreaking.  I can't imagine sitting outside in the sun in July. I got a bit of a sun burn. It was actually gorgeous that day!

David needed to sleep, so the boys, 2 of my nieces and I went, found seats (we had brought a blanket just in case).  Elliot promptly started playing in all the dirt.  By the time it was all over, I was sure I was bringing home someone else, and I didn't think there was enough soap in the world to clean him or his clothes. He had a blast!

There was an estimated 7000 people there.  Elder Claudio Costa, of the Quorum of the Seventy spoke, as did the current Mesa Temple President.  The boys are excited to see the progress over the next 2 years as the temple is built. 

No comments: