Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Walls are Moving!

My Family makes fun of me.  Years ago, my brother gave me the nickname Slippy, after I slipped and fell on my bum on some ice.  I've repeated that "move" several times, which because of the humor of it, I promptly call Jeff so we can laugh together. 

They also laugh at me because I swear that the walls move from their original place, just enough for me not to be used to them, so I kick them and stub my toes.  One would think you would get used to where the walls are in the house, yet, I find I kick the walls, or other inanimate objects, often.  And people laugh at me.

I think it runs in my family. A genetic trait... there is clumsiness in several generations... Oh the stories I could tell you about my dear sweet mom... But that will take TOO long, so I will save her the embarrassment today.  I have a niece too, who is known for her "gracefulness"

So, on Zach's birthday, right before dinner, I kicked the corner of the wall (I swear it was further away a moment before!!)  I hurt a nice loud POP and I was quickly sitting on the floor.  I limped the rest of the night. 

I have broken my toes before, so I was sure by the look and feel of it, that I had done it again.  My worry, because or bruising underneath, what that I had broken my foot (which I had done before also).  Grrr.  So when I took Zach into the doctor the next day for his sore throat, I decided to have them Xray just in case.  My foot was fine, so I got to hobble around with a taped up toe for a couple weeks.  SIGH.


When I was taking pictures (the bruising was far worse underneath - love gravity) Elliot had to show off his "broken toe" too. 

No comments: